Friday, May 7, 2010

Public Service For My "Lurkers"

I have no idea how many people read this blog....so, since I am a 'lurker' myself, I thought I'd share two articles that I recently emailed to all the women that I have email addresses for.

1 - Latisse
Please read this if you are using or have considered using the lash lengthener Latisse


2 - Estrogen Replacement Therapy

OK ladies....this is a very LONG article, but it is of utmost importance to the women (of a certain age/close to a certain age....like me) that I know.

Estrogen replacement has its pro's and con's (the latter being a concern that it contributes/causes breast/uterine/ovarian cancer)


2 main points:  the article cites that studies are showing that estrogen replacement may be most beneficial to us when were are pre-menopausal/in menopause, but not necessarily beneficial long-term.  Ie. take it for about 10 yrs and then stop.  The greatest benefit to taking it at this time is in maintaining critical tissue connectivity in our brains to stave-off Alzheimer's.

Secondly, lack of estrogen seems to exacerbate depression/cause depression (if you are not already diagnosed).  Even if you are taking anti-depressants, you may need some estrogen replacement as well.

It's worth a conversation with your ob/gyn at your next visit.

(KP:  ob/gyn - not your dentist, podiatrist or other doc that you like to discuss your lady-parts with...an OB/GYN)   ;)


Dear Lurkers:
Please spread the word amongst your girlfriends.

Sincerely,

The Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment