Sunday, April 24, 2011

I Am Sick With Rage And Sorrow

From Reuters:  Girls Assualted by 'Soldiers' During Conflict.  Children as young as 8 have been sexually assaulted during the conflict between rebels trying to oust Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi and forces loyal to him, a British charity (Save The Children) said.


I am weeping.

I am raging from the bottom of my heart.

 

What lies dormant in our DNA that makes men take out their rage and frustration on women and girls in the form of systematic rape?


It's happening in Libya.

  It's happening in the Congo and Haiti.


CBS reporter, Lara Logan, was grabbed off the street, in front of her camera crew in Egypt and assaulted last month.  Scores of other women in the Mideast are coming forward with their stories of rape by I'm-so-pissed-at-the-system-men.


W        T         F

1 comment:

  1. Very well said. It is disgusting. What I want to know is: Who raised these men? How can we, as women with freedom and rights, empower oppressed mothers to teach their sons how to respect women?

    ReplyDelete